|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The June 2000 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CSSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, June 9, 2000. The meeting was called to order by President Hale Hamilton at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guests adjourned to the buffet for lunch. Nine Compatriots were present: President Hale Hamilton, John Bayles, Alan D. Buckley, Frank Budroe, Joe Coffman, Richard Hawley, Tom Miller, Robert Nedry, and Jay C. Wood. Six guests present were: Willette Budroe, Krista Cordell, Sarah H. Delgado, Hannah and Ken Todd, and Douglas Nedry.
Following lunch, President Hamilton reconvened the meeting at 12:52 p.m. and proceeded immediately into the program.
First, Compatriot Budroe shared with the Chapter his remarks delivered at the 29th Annual Memorial Day Service, Ivy Lawn Memorial Park, Ventura.
Next, President Hamilton reported on his recent trip to Mississippi and delivered a presentation on the contributions of Bernardo de Galvez and the Spanish to the American War for Independence. In recognition of his ancestors' contributions to the American struggle against England, King Juan Carlos was recently awarded membership in the National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution.
Following the program, the Chapter conducted its Business Meeting.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the May 2000 meeting were submitted and approved as perfected.
- Good Citizenship Essay Competition: Compatriot Nedry reported that the Patton Chapter will be honoring the students who submitted the winning essays in the Pleasant Valley School District good citizenship competition. Compatriot Nedry will present a Bronze Good Citizenship Medal to Kevin Yamamote (Monte Vista) and Compatriot Wood will present a Bronze Good Citizenship Medal to Jessica Hutchins (Las Colinas). In addition, Compatriot Nedry will present a Good Citizenship Certificate to Lisa Pike at the Monte Vista Intermediate School, J. C. Wood will present a Good Citizenship Certificate to Steven Coreia, Los Colinas School, Ronald Risley will present certificates to Nicole Vermillion and Michael Lucero, Los Altos Intermediate School, and Alan Buckley will present certificates to Jessalyn Nishimori and Christopher Thielen, Los Primeros Structured School.
- There were no other committee reports.
- Pride in America Day: Compatriot Wood reported that the ceremony at the Fillmore School was very successful. Mary Ford was awarded the Martha Washington Medal at the ceremony.
After the SAR Recessional and Benediction, the meeting was adjourned at 1:45 p.m. Our next meeting will be held on July 14, 2000, in the Bard Mansion Library.
- There was no new business.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.