|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The October 2000 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, October 13, 2000. The meeting was called to order by President Hale Hamilton at 12:05 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guests adjourned to the buffet for lunch. Seven Compatriots were present: President Hamilton, John Bayles, Alan D. Buckley, Joe Coffman, Thomas A. Miller, Ronald Risley, and Jay C. Wood. Three guests present were: Compatriot-elect William Graney, Patty Coffman, and Rosemarie Risley.
Following lunch, President Hamilton reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m. and proceeded immediately into the program.
First, William T. Graney, descendant of Patriot John Platt, was installed as a Compatriot in the Patton Chapter of the California Society of the Sons of the American Revolution.
Next, Compatriot Risley reported on the passing of Compatriot Glendon C. Hall, former president of the California Society of the SAR. Compatriot Risely also reported on the recent Moorpark Parade in which the Patton Chapter Color Guard participated. The chapter Color Guard will also participate in the Eighth Annual Massing of the Colors and Service of Remembrance at Ivy Lawn Memorial Park, Ventura, on November 11, 2000.
Following the program, the Chapter conducted its Business Meeting.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the September 2000 meeting were submitted and approved as perfected.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for September 2000 was approved, subject to audit.
- Registrar: Compatriot Wood reported that Harry Douglas Stewart, III, of Camarillo, is a potential membership transfer from San Diego.
- Elections and Nominations: Incumbent chapter officers indicated their willingness to stand for reelection. Compatriot Risley moved and Compatriot Coffman seconded the following chapter awards:
- Compatriots of the Year: Jay C. Wood, for his assistance to prospective members, and Alan D. Buckley, for the chapter website;
- Bronze Good Citizenship Medal: Robert C. Nedry, for his work on the Spirit of America program; and
- Outstanding Citizenship Awards: Tom Miller, Hale Hamilton, and Alan Buckley.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.