|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The November 2000 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held on the patio of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, November 10, 2000. The meeting was called to order by President Hale Hamilton at 12:05 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, the business of the meeting was conducted. Ten Compatriots were present: President Hamilton, John Bayles, James W. Bellah, II, Frank Budroe, Alan D. Buckley, Joe Coffman, O. B. Dutton, Ronald Risley, Tom Shaw, and Jay C. Wood. Willette Budroe was a guest.
Compatriot Jay C. Wood briefed the meeting on the activities of the CASSAR Fall State Meeting. At that meeting, Compatriot Wood received recognition for his impressive work on the Registrar's Handbook.Compatriot Wood also announced his candidacy for the office of State Registrar (see Elections, below).
- Secretary: The Minutes of the October 2000 meeting were submitted and approved.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for October 2000 was approved, subject to audit. Compatriot Risley announced that dues statements would be mailed soon.
- Registrar: Compatriot Bellah may transfer his CASSAR membership to the Gen. Patton Chapter.
- Color Guard: The Chapter Color Guard will participate in Veteran's Day services at the Ivy Lawn Memorial Cemetery, Ventura, on November 11.
- Eagle Scout: Chapter representatives will attend the Eagle Scout Honor Court for Kent D. Young, Newbury Park, on December 3.
- Program: John Bayles will present a program on his Patriot ancestor at the January 2001 Chapter meeting.
- Elections: The following individuals were elected as Chapter Officers for 2001.
- President Hale Hamilton
- Vice President John Bayles
- Registrar Jay C. Wood
- Treasurer Ron Risley
- Chaplain Frank Budroe
- Historian Joe Coffman
- Secretary Alan D. Buckley
In addition, Compatriot Risley moved and Compatriot Buckley seconded to have the Patton Chapter endorse Compatriot Jay C. Wood for the office of State Registrar. Passed unanimously.
- Color Guard: Compatriot Wood moved and Compatriot Budroe seconded to purchase a Betsy Ross 3x5 flag and pole for the Chapter Color Guard. Passed unanimously.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.