|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The March 2001 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, March 9, 2001. The meeting was called to order by Vice President John Bayles at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guests adjourned to the buffet for lunch. Eight Compatriots were present: Vice President Bayles, James Bellah, Alan D. Buckley, Frank Budroe, Joe Coffman, O. B. Dutton, Ronald Risley, and Jay C. Wood. Two guests were present: Willette Budroe and Rosemarie Risley.
Following lunch, Vice President Bayles reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m. and proceeded immediately into the Business Meeting.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the February 2001 meeting were submitted and approved as perfected.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for February 2001 was approved, subject to audit.
- Registrar: Compatriot Wood continues to receive inquiries about new memberships.
- Eagle Scout Courts of Honor: Compatriot Risley will attend a local Eagle Scout Court of Honor next month.
- Color Guard: Compatriot and Mrs. Budroe celebrated General Washington's Birthday with children at the Mound School, Ventura, in February. Compatriot Risley reported that there are still funds in the Chapter's Color Guard account to help defray the expenses associated with purchases of Chapter uniforms.
- State Society Meeting: Compatriot Wood will attend the California Society state meeting.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.