|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The April 2001 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, April 13, 2001. The meeting was called to order by President Hale Hamilton at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guests adjourned to the buffet for lunch. Eight Compatriots were present: President Hamilton, John Bayles, James Bellah, Alan D. Buckley, Frank Budroe, Joe Coffman, O. B. Dutton, and Ronald Risley. Three guests were present: Willette Budroe, Kenneth Coffman, and Rosemarie Risley.
Following lunch, President Hamilton reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m. and proceeded immediately into the program entitled, "Tools of the Trade...and Then Some!" The program concerned Compatriot Hamilton's efforts to investigate his own family's ancestry.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the March 2001 meeting were submitted and approved.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for March 2001 was approved, subject to audit.
- Membership: Compatriot Risley reported on the options for printing Chapter membership brochures that might be distributed at various libraries, genealogy societies, etc. Compatriot Bill Graney has quoted various prices to Ron Risley. Compatriot Risley moved and Compatriot Budroe seconded to purchase membership brochures. Approved unanimously.
Compatriot Risley also asked the assistance of Chapter members in obtaining addresses and telephone numbers of local newspapers. Notices of Chapter meetings and activities will be placed in various local media.
- State Society: Compatriot Jay C. Wood has been elected State Registrar of the California Society. The Compatriots congratulated Compatriot Wood with three huzzahs!
- Color Guard: The City of Camarillo will celebrate Flag Day on June 14. The Chapter Color Guard may join the celebration.
- Community Outreach: Compatriot Risley will portray Gen. Henry Knox at the invitation of Compatriot Budroe and the Reserve Officer's Association.
- Compatriot Recognition: Patton Chapter member, Compatriot Edward A. Chapin, has been names "Best Dentist in East Ventura County."
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.