|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The June 2001 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, June 8, 2001. The meeting was called to order by President Hale Hamilton at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guests adjourned to the buffet for lunch. Nine Compatriots were present: President Hamilton, John Bayles, James Bellah, Alan D. Buckley, Frank Budroe, Joseph Coffman, Robert Nedry, Ronald Risley, and Jay C. Wood. Three guests were present: Willette Budroe, Krista Cordell, and Rosemarie Risley.
Following lunch, President Hamilton reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m. and proceeded immediately into the program, which was a video produced by the American Legion, entitled "America's Veterans," and which was presented by Compatriot Nedry. The video and a teacher's guide is available to educators from Hank Blaker, 805-482-6373.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the May 2001 meeting were submitted and approved.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for May 2001 was approved, subject to audit.
- Chapter Brochures: Chapter membership brochures will cost about $21 per 100 at Kinko's.
- Registrar: The membership application for Alfred Siegel has been unexpectedly delayed by the NSSAR.
- Color Guard: The following Compatriots represented the Patton Chapter at recent Memorial Day ceremonies: Frank Budroe, Ivy Lawn; Jay C. Wood, San Joaquin Valley National Cemetery; Joe Coffman, Ventura; Robert Nedry, Conejo Mountain.
- Compatriot Recognition: Compatriot Robert Nedry was awarded a CASSAR certificate of merit for his work as chairman of the state veterans affairs committee.
- Spirit of America: Compatriots Robert Nedry, Ronald Risley, Frank Budroe, and Jay C. Wood will represent the Patton Chapter and present the 2001 Spirit of America awards at local schools. Zachary Duff, Los Altos, and Megan Anderson, Los Primeros Structured Schools, are this year's winners.
- Compatriot Recognition: Compatriot Risley moved and Compatriot Nedry seconded to award Richard Lee, Ventura, and Garlard Middleton, Camarillo, Silver Good Citizenship Medals. Passed unanimously.
After the SAR Recessional and Benediction, the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.