|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The November 2001 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, November 9, 2001. The meeting was called to order by Ronald Risley at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guests adjourned to the buffet for lunch. Seven Compatriots were present: Acting Chair Risley, Alan D. Buckley, Frank Budroe, Joseph Coffman, O. B. Dutton, Ed Holt, and Edwin C. Holt. Two guests were present: Willette Budroe and Rosemarie Risley.
Following lunch, Compatriot Risley reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m. and proceeded immediately into the program, which included a presentation by Compatriot Risely on Irvines Sixth Pennsylvania Battalion. The Battalion included the patriot ancestor of Compatriot Floyd Norris.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the September 2001 meeting were submitted and approved.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for November 2001 was approved, subject to audit.
- Registrar: Compatriot Risley reported that James Morrow, Camarillo, and Michael Winters, Moorpark, have received notification of membership approval.
- Color Guard: Chapter members will participate in the Veterans' Day Massing of the Colors ceremony at Ivy Lawn Cemetary, Ventura, on November 12. Frank and Willette Budroe represented the Patton Chapter at the Constitution Day Celebration at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.
No old business was reported.New Business
- Chapter Elections: The chapter is seeking candidates for president and vice president.
- Eagle Scouts: There were four Eagle Scout Courts of Honor in October and two are scheduled for December.
After the SAR Recessional and Benediction, the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.