|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The January 2002 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, January 11, 2002. The meeting was called to order by President Jay C. Wood at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guests adjourned to the buffet for lunch. Ten Compatriots were present: President Wood, John Bayles, Alan D. Buckley, Frank Budroe, Joseph Coffman, O. B. Dutton, Hale Hamilton, Ed Holt, Edwin C. Holt, and Ronald Risley. Compatriot-elect Michael D. Winters was present, as were two guests: Steve Hurst and Rosemarie Risley.
President Wood reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the December 2001 meeting were submitted and approved.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for December 2001 was approved, subject to audit.
- Registrar: Vicky Schemea's son is interested in SAR membership.
- Eagle Scout Court of Honor: Compatriots Wood and Graney will be representing the chapter in several Courts of Honor.
- Spirit of America Awards: The awards competition will be starting soon.
- Installation of New Member: Co-sponsor Ron Risely escorted new Member Michael D. Winters, who was installed as a Compatriot by President Wood.
- Chapter Awards: Compatriot Risley moved and Compatriot Coffman seconded to award the SAR Medal of Appreciation to Pat Griffin. Approved unanimously. Compatriot Risely moved and Compatriot Budroe seconded to award the Daughters of Liberty Award to Dee Rickards. Approved unanimously.
Following the business meeting, President Wood proceeded immediately into the program, "Tales of eBay," which included tips for collecting Revolutionary War memorabilia on the Internet. After the SAR Recessional and Benediction, the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.