|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The March 2002 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, March 8, 2002. The meeting was called to order by President Jay C. Wood at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guests adjourned to the buffet for lunch. Ten Compatriots were present: President Wood, Alan D. Buckley, Frank Budroe, Joseph Coffman, O. B. Dutton, Ed Holt, Edwin C. Holt, James Hurst, James Morrow, and Ronald Risley. Three guests were present: Willette Budroe, Kenneth Shaw, and Rosemarie Risley.
President Wood reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the January 2002 meeting were submitted and approved.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for February 2002 was approved, subject to audit.
- President's Report: President Wood read the Chapter's Annual Report for 2001.
- No old business was reported.
- CASSAR Membership Meeting: The meeting is scheduled for April 4,-6, 2002, in Chico.
Following the business meeting, President Wood proceeded immediately into the program, "Many Faces of Old Glory." Produced and narrated by Vane Scott, the film chronicled the evolution of American flags from the earliest moments of the revolutionary struggle against Britain. The exciting, entertaining, and even humorous program is available on VHS tape from Robert N. Farling, Lafayette Chapter Ohio Society.
After the SAR Recessional and Benediction, the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.