|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The May 2002 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, May 10, 2002. The meeting was called to order by President Jay C. Wood at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guest adjourned to the buffet for lunch. Eleven Compatriots were present: President Wood, John Bayles, Alan D. Buckley, Frank Budroe, Joseph Coffman, O. B. Dutton, Hale Hamilton, Richard Hawley, Tom Miller, James Morrow, and Ronald Risley. Three guests were present: Willette Budroe, Krista Cordell, and Rosemarie Risley.
President Wood reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the April 2002 meeting were submitted and approved.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for April 2002 was approved, subject to audit.
- President's Report: President Wood and Compatriots Budroe and Risley will represent the chapter at upcoming Spirit of America Award presentations in the Pleasant Valley School District. Compatriot Budroe will also represent the chapter at the Daughters of the American Revolution Awards presentations in Thousand Oaks on June 1.
- No old business was reported.
- Color Guard: The chapter Color Guard will represent the chapter at upcoming Memorial Day celebrations, including Ivy Lawn and Conejo Mountain Memorial Park.
Following the business meeting, Compatriot Buckley led a discussion about the threat of new computer viruses and the precautions that Compatriots might take to prevent problems.
After the SAR Recessional and Benediction, the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.