|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The August 2002 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, August 9, 2002. The meeting was called to order by President Jay C. Wood at 12:00 p.m. President Wood asked members to observe a moment of silence in memory of Eric Hurst. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guest adjourned to the buffet for lunch. Ten Compatriots were present: President Wood, Alan D. Buckley, Joseph Coffman, O. B. Dutton, Ed Holt, Edwin C. Holt, J. Stephen Hurst, James Morrow, Robert Nedry, and Ronald Risley. Two guests were present: Vickie Schmaeman and Rosemarie Risley.
President Wood reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the July 2002 meeting were submitted and approved.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for July 2002 was approved, subject to audit.
- President's Report: President Wood reported on his participation in a recent Eagle Scout Court of Honor for a descendant of Carter Braxton, a Signer of the Declaration of Independence.
Old BusinessNo old business was reported.
- Installation of New Member: Vickie Schmaeman accepted membership on behalf of Joel Edward Schmaeman.
- Information Items: Compatriot Risley brought to Members' attention recent controversies surrounding the teaching of American history and the trivialization of our Founders' contributions to the independence and freedom of America. Compatriot Nedry asked for assistance in making available to teachers and students The Living Constitution of the United States (Kaydan Records, 1972).
Following the business meeting, President Wood led a discussion of events of the day.
After the SAR Recessional and Benediction, the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.