|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The October 2002 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, October 10, 2002. The meeting was called to order by President Jay C. Wood at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guest adjourned to the buffet for lunch. Nine Compatriots were present: President Wood, John Bayles, Frank Budroe, Alan D. Buckley, J. Stephen Hurst, Robert Nedry, Ronald Risley, Alfred Siegel, and Brian Siegel. Three guests were present: Willette Budroe, Ken Wooten, and Rosemarie Risley.
President Wood reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the September 2002 meeting were submitted and approved.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for September 2002 was approved, subject to audit.
- Registrar: President Wood reported that the Chapter has three new pending members.
- Installation of Vice President: Compatriot Hurst was installed as Chapter Vice President.
- Installation of New Members: Alfred H. Siegel and Brian Siegel, descendants of Patriot Ancestor Philip Steinmetz, Captain, Pennsylvania Company of Light Horse, were installed as Members of the Patton Chapter.
- Future Programs: President Wood will present the program for the Chapter's Christmas Holiday Meeting. Compatriots are encouraged to wear their Revolutionary Uniforms for the Holiday Meeting.
- Nominating Committee: Compatriot Budroe will chair the Chapter Nominating Committee.
- Mount Vernon Ladies' Association: Compatriot Nedry moved and Compatriot Risley seconded to donate $100 to the Mount Vernon Ladies' Association in order to support the educational mission of that organization and to recognize the service of General Washington to our country. Following discussion about the fidelity of the Association's activities to the memory of General Washington, the motion passed unanimously.
- VA Health Card: Compatriot Nedry reminded the Members of the opportunity for U.S. veterans to acquire a VA Health Card at no cost.
Following the business meeting, Compatriot Risley gave a presentation on the Battle of Yorktown, Virginia, October 1781.
After the SAR Recessional and Benediction, the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.