|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The November 2002 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, November 8, 2002. The meeting was called to order by President Jay C. Wood at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guest adjourned to the buffet for lunch. Six Compatriots were present: President Wood, Alan D. Buckley, O.B. Dutton, Richard Hawley, J. Stephen Hurst, and Ronald Risley. One guest was present: Rosemarie Risley.
President Wood reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the October 2002 meeting were submitted and approved.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for October 2002 was approved, subject to audit.
- Registrar: President Wood reported that the Chapter has four new pending members.
- Color Guard: The Color Guard will represent the Chapter at Veteran's Day ceremonies, Ivy Lawn Cemetary, November 11.
- Mt. Vernon Ladies Association: Ronald Risley reported on the Chapter's contribution to the Mt. Vernon association and his letter of expressing the Chapter's concerns over recent actions of that association that may demean the life and contributions of General Washington.
- Nominating Committee Report: The Nominating Committee nominated the following Compatriots for Chapter office:
- President: Stephen Hurst
- Vice President: Richard Hawley
- Secretary: Alan Buckley
- Treasurer: Ronald Risley
- Registrar: Ronald Risley
- Historian: Joseph Coffman
- Chaplain: Frank Budroe
Ronald Risley moved and Alan Buckley seconded to accept the nominations. Approved unanimously.
- CATO Booklet: O.B. Dutton moved and Ron Risley seconded to provide each Chapter member with a copy of the CATO Institute's booklet, "The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America." Approved unanimously.
Following the business meeting, Compatriot Risley gave a presentation on the Retreat from New York, November 1776.
After the SAR Recessional and Benediction, the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.