|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The January 2003 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, January 10, 2003. The meeting was called to order by President J. Stephen Hurst at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guest adjourned to the buffet. Nine Compatriots were present: President Hurst, John Bayles, Alan D. Buckley, Frank Budroe, Joseph Coffman, Richard Hawley, James Morrow, Ken Wooden, and Ronald Risley. Three guests was present: Willette Budroe, Doris Hall, and Rosemarie Risley.
President Hurst reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the December 2002 meeting were submitted and approved, as perfected.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for December 2002 was approved, subject to audit.
- Registrar: Compatriot Risley reported that nine new individuals have applied for membership. Compatriot Risley purchased computer software necessary to prepare new membership applications.
No old business was reported.
- Membership Report: Compatriot Risley reported that, beginning with 44 members, the Patton Chapter acquired 9 new members in 2002, mourned the passing of one Compatriot, failed to receive renewals from 10 members, and received one late membership payment.
- Color Guard: A Massing of the Colors will be held on February 16, Forest Lawn Memorial, to celebrate the life and service of George Washington to his grateful country.
Following the business meeting, Compatriot Risley presented a report on General Washington's leadership at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.
After the SAR Recessional and Benediction, the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.