|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The March 2003 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, March 14, 2003. The meeting was called to order by President J. Stephen Hurst at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guest adjourned to the buffet. Seven Compatriots were present: President Hurst, John Bayles, Alan D. Buckley, Frank Budroe, Joseph Coffman, James Morrow, and Ronald Risley. One guest was present: Willette Budroe.
President Hurst reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the February 2003 meeting were submitted and approved.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for February 2003 was approved, subject to audit.
- Registrar: Three new applications for membership have been received and one new application is pending with National.
- Chaplain: Rosemarie Risley is feeling better after a recent illness. Compatriots wished her a speedy recovery.
- Color Guard: A Massing of the Colors was held on February 16, Forest Lawn Memorial, to celebrate the life and service of George Washington to his grateful country. The Patton Chapter has participated in this event longer than any other organization save the Sons of Liberty Chapter.
- President: President Hurst will investigate the possibility of organizing Color Guard drills for Compatriots.
Following the business meeting, Compatriot Risley made a presentation on the Evacuation of Boston.
After the SAR Recessional and Benediction, the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.