|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The May 2003 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Boardroom of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, May 9, 2003. The meeting was called to order by President J. Stephen Hurst at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guest adjourned to the buffet. Seven Compatriots were present: President Hurst, Alan D. Buckley, Frank Budroe, Joseph Coffman, Hale Hamilton, Richard Hawley, and Ronald Risley. Two guests were present: Willette Budroe and Rosemarie Risley.
President Hurst reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m.
- President: President Hurst reported that the Harbor Chapter SAR will host a luncheon on October 11 and all Compatriots are invited to attend.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the April 2003 meeting were submitted and approved.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for April 2003 was approved, subject to audit.
- Registrar: Col. Shepard's application is under review at National.
- Chaplain: Jay C. Wood has been ill; the Compatriots wish him a swift recovery.
- Recognitions: Compatriot Robert Nedry received the Service to Veterans Award by the CASSAR. Hueneme High School Junior ROTC Naval and Air Force cadets will receive Chapter medals.
No old business was reported.
- Knight Essay Committee: Compatriot Coffman volunteered to chair the committee.
- Children of the American Revolution: President Hurst moved and Compatriot Risley seconded a motion to contribute $25 to the Annual Meeting of the CAR. Approved unanimously.
- Eagle Scouts: A certificate has been awarded to Robert Bolton.
- Educational Outreach: Compatriot Coffman moved and Compatriot Hamilton seconded a motion requesting that President Hurst investigate and report to the Chapter on the efforts of CASSAR to ensure that California state textbooks are portraying the events of the American Revolution and the contributions of our Patriot Ancestors truthfully. Approved unanimously.
- Spirit of America: President Hurst and Compatriots Risley and Buckley will represent the Chapter at various Spirit of American Award presentations in the months of May and June.
Following the business meeting, Compatriot Risley presented a program on the capture of Fort Ticonderoga.
After the SAR Recessional and Benediction, the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.