Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the 12 November 2010 Meeting
The regular monthly luncheon meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter SAR was held Friday, 12 November 2010, in the Garden Room of Marie Callender’s Restaurant, 1295 S. Victoria Ave., Ventura, CA. The meeting was called to order by President Robert Taylor. The Invocation was given by Chaplain Gary Smith, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and the Pledge to the SAR.
In attendance were twenty-two Compatriots: President Robert Taylor, Vice President Bill Hurley, Secretary Gil Anema, Treasurer Bill Bays, Registrar George Horne, Chaplain Gary Smith, Ward White, Hale Hamilton, Dr. Bill Henry, Steve Hurst, Dr. Garland Middleton, Lou Krueger, Dick Hawley, Frank Budroe, Richard Caldwell, Bob Colburn, Jonathon Van Scoyk, Gene Cooper, Paul Brown, Duane Lea, Steve Stockes and Ken Lynch. The thirteen guests were Mrs. Vicki Schmaeman, Garrett Colburn, Prospective members Michael Ford, Sam Thompson and Mrs. Mary Thompson, George Crandall, and Compatriots’ wives Mrs. Willie Budroe,Mrs. Mrs. Shirley Hamilton, Mrs. Bernie Smith, Mrs. Elaine Colburn, Mrs. Mary Brown, Mrs Ginger Stockes, and Mrs. Rosalee Middleton.
Recent birthdays were recognized, along with anniversaries, Pearl Harbor Day, and the Troops.
Member and guest introductions were made. Steve Hurst and Dick Hawley were recognized as State officers.
- Secretary Gil Anema presented the minutes for Aug, Sep and Oct, which were approved as read.
- Treasurer Bill Bays presented the treasurer’s report, which was approved as read.
- Registrar George Horne presented the registrar’s report:
Dan Cormode of Ventura. Denis Murphy, Trevor Ashton & Dale DeHart of Camarillo. Eric Stassforth, Chapter Genealogist is assisting them.
Jim Wily of Thousand Oaks, Robert (Bob) Steenberge of Thousand Oaks, Chris Lowe, Byron Kelly, Michael Ford, Dennis Crandall, Steve Hall
NEW APPLICATIONS-APPROVED BY NSSAR
Samuel Thompson of Oxnard – Ancestor Nathaniel Adams
NEW APPLICATIONS-RECEIVED AT NSSAR
Ed Lewis of Chatsworth – Ancestor Leonard Fite (Genealogy Approved)
Charles Bradbury of Ventura – Ancestor Seth Staples (Genealogy Approved
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATIONS-RECEIVED AT NSSAR
Gil Anema – 3 Supplementals: Ancestors Simeon Raymond & David Whitney (both Genealogy Approved) & Enos Waterbury
Ward White (5) – Ancestors Simeon Church, Peleg Sullivan, Thomas Card, Joseph Button, & Gershom Gifford
Alan & Eric Middleton – Ancestor William Morris, Sr. (Genealogy Approved)
Gene Cooper – Ancestor John Healy
Gil Anema was presented a supplemental certificate for Patriot ancestor Daniel Kirkland.
Old and New Business:
- · Color guard participated in Ivy Lawn’s Veteran’s Day Ceremony and was shown on local TV.
- · George Horne requested updates to member roster, especially e-mail.
- · Volunteers for Calendar Year 11 officers and committees were requested.
- · Best Chapter committee, chapter activities and worksheet was discussed.
- · George Horne attended the Jonestown Society meeting which had a great speaker and presentation.
- · State officers n the chapter attended the board of directors meeting along with President Robert Taylor and Vice President Bill Hurley in Santa Clara.
- · Robert Taylor would like to expand the Spirit of America Contest beyond Pleasant Valley School District.
Compatriot Bob Colburn presented a very interesting program on “Gen George Marshall, Architect of Victory in WW II”.
Friday, 10 December 2011 – Rosemarie Risley presenting “The Meals of Christmas Past”.
Closing: The meeting was adjourned following the SAR recessional and the benediction by Chaplain Gary Smith.
Respectfully submitted by,
Gil Anema, Secretary