Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the 11 February 2011 Meeting
The regular monthly luncheon meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter SAR was held Friday, 11 February 2011, in the Garden Room of Marie Callenderís Restaurant, 1295 S. Victoria Ave., Ventura, CA. The meeting was called to order by Vice-President Bill Hurley at 11:35 am. The Invocation was given by Chaplain Garland Middleton, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance and the Pledge to the SAR.
In attendance were sixteen Compatriots: Vice President Bill Hurley, Treasurer Bill Bays, Registrar George Horne, Chaplain Garland Middleton, Secretary Gil Anema, Ward White, Hale Hamilton, Bill Henry, Steve Hurst, Dick McMullen, Lou Kreuzer, Dick Hawley, Bob Jordan, Bob Colburn, Gary Smith, and Ken Lynch. The five guests were Mrs. Shirley Hamilton, Mrs. Bernie Smith, Dr. Sunny McMullen, Mrs. Rosalee
Middleton, and Vicki Schmaeman.
Member and guest introductions were made. Bob Colburn was recognized for his February birthday.
- The Chapter Secretary was not present, so the minutes of the previous meeting were not read.
- Treasurer Bill Bays presented the treasurer's report, which was approved as read. He announced that the lunch price is now $20 per person, whether or not desert is desired.
- Registrar George Horne presented the registrar's report:
Denis Murphy, Trevor Ashton and Dale Dehart of Camarillo are being assisted by Eric Stassforth, Chapter Genealogist. Other prospective members are Jim Wily and Bob Steenberge of Thousand Oaks, Chris Lowe, Byron Kelly, Michael Ford, Dennis Crandall and Steve Hall
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATIONS-APPROVED BY NSSAR
Gil Anema: Ancestors David and Enos Waterbury, and Simeon Raymond (3 total)
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATIONS-RECEIVED AT NSSAR
Ward White: Ancestors Simeon Church, Peleg Sullivan, Thomas Card, Joseph Button, and Gershom Gifford (5 total). Gene Cooper: Ancestor John Healy.
Old and New Business:
1. Need volunteers for meeting programs and member biographies of Patriot ancestors.
2. Compatriots should verify their e-mail and home mailing addresses and report changes to Registrar George Horne.
3. April 8-10: 1361h Spring Meeting of the Membership, Crown Plaza Hotel, Irvine.
4. July 4: Salute to the Armed Forces, Costa Mesa.
5. July 9-13: 12151 National Congress, Marriott Embassy Suites, Winston-Salem, NC
Presentation by Bob Colburn: Dr. Franklin Hunter Garrett and the Camarillo State Hospital.
Friday, 11 March 2011 - Presentation by Ward White: Founding Fathers in White Denim.
The meeting was adjourned following the SAR recessional and the benediction by Chaplain Garland Middleton.
Respectfully submitted by,
Ken Lynch, Acting Chapter Secretary